IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) Market
Monday, May 13, 2019
• The dollar is mostly stronger against the majors to start off the week, while it is up across the board against emerging market currencies, as risk off sentiment drives investors to safe havens.
• Trade talks between the US and China ended on Friday with no solution and no plans for another round of talks. There are reports the US is giving the Chinese around a month to come to agreement or another round of tariffs will go into effect on
$325 billion worth of goods.
• Yen and Swiss are the big winners on the day due to the risk-off sentiment.
• The Chinese Yuan is the worst performing currency of over the last week, down 1.6% against the greenback. There are concerns that the Chinese government will continue to weaken the currency to combat the increased tariffs.
• The Australian dollar is the big loser on the day as home loans dropped more than expected in March, which will put pressure on the Reserve Bank of Australia to cut sooner rather than later.
Filmar technologies trades End Of life IT assets around the globe. Local and global trade politics, government policies, currency fluctuations, and commodities fluxations all affect our industry health. This information I post is intended for private use.
For more information or for inquiries of any kind, please call (586) 580-2524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filmar.com is not soliciting any action based upon this Market Update, nor is this Market Update an offer to buy or sell currencies, commodities or any other product or service. The material is based upon information that Filmar.com considers to be reliable, but Filmar.com does not represent that it is accurate or complete, and it should not be relied upon as such. The exchange rates contained in this Market Update do not constitute a representation that any amount has been, could have been or may be converted at the rates contained in this Market Update or at any other rates. This Market Update does not constitute advice or a recommendation to enter into any transaction. Filmar.com and its affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, and employees, expressly decline and are not responsible for any liability for loss or damage whatsoever caused by or related to the use of information contained in this Market Update. Opinions expressed are statements of judgment and are subject to change without notice.
Filmar.com are federally registered service marks of Filmar Technologies llc